Sunday, January 20, 2008

"More Than Beautiful"

Words can’t discern what is happening
My whole life flashes before my eyes
But I’m not dying
We both know what’s happening
But I need to know where you stand
Before the spirit moves my hand
Before I act out my desire’s plan

It’s more than beautiful
What you do to me
Somewhere in your scent-induced memory
A melody persists in perfect harmony
A sentimental journey
A delicious reverie
Flesh stays dry as nerves stand on edge
As I intend to transcend
To lose all sense of where I am
I am the heavenly hand that plays notes on the frets of you
As the crescendo acts as though the end wasn’t inevitable
It showers rose petals in the dark
You climax into a better you
And remember who you are

I do more than speak my mind around you
I free my soul
And the time we spent together
Is worth more than gold
I love the way we act out on each other
Who we want to be
But we still stick to our guns
We—don’t forget where we’re from
We’re sacred lovers of the revolution
Two sunbeams on the turnpike
In the middle of the night
Virginia dreaming on a winter’s frostbite
Keep tellin’ each other: everything’s gonna be alright
Everything’s gonna be alright

It’s more than beautiful
What you do to me
Somewhere in your scent-induced memory
A melody persists in perfect harmony
As you divine to impress me with compassion
I secretly sanctify your words and your actions
I’ll be on my way to shake up the status quo
When I have to leave you, lover
When I have to go
I hate to open Pandora’s box and then leave
I just hope I leave with a perspective I could never conceive of on my own
At least I know
At least I know I helped you
At least I know I helped you grow
I hate to open Pandora’s box and then leave
But I believe that what you need is in your soul
And that the good Lord provides whatever it is you’re looking for
You gotta have faith
The truth is on its way
Put your heart into it and it’s more than beautiful
It’s real when it comes naturally
You recognize it and know exactly
What to do cause you were born ready
Let me be the change to push you to higher understanding
Up to the level of angelic music
That’s never too far away
I thought I heard birds chirping
You and I complementing each other
You taking me higher sharing all your soulful love
It’s not just personal it’s a sacred rhythm when two hearts beat as one

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow this is so nice! i admire your work shep

Shep said...

thank you! If you have a downloading service, download "Like This" by Christian Scott to get a sense of the beat and background music that was playing in my head as I wrote this...