Sunday, January 20, 2008

“Not Another ‘What’s-My-Name’ Rap Song”

A yo they wanna know what to call me:
They called me the Nvincible an Ndestructible Kid
Until they killed me
They called me Nfallible and Ntimate, Nfinite
Until I lied, exposed myself as promiscuous and wild and called myself out on it
Now they call me an incurable insolent incarcerated in an imperfect incarnation
Now I’m in some shit, incomplete, an invertebrate infused with incorrigible, insatiable sin
They called me Nhale till I quit
I would sing but never Nsynch
But I got this thing called Nsight, nobody can deny it
Cause my articulated word choices tend to Ncite a riot
It’s not what I Ntended, nobody should get hurt because of this
But if you can’t handle the truth than don’t martyr me for your Ncompetence

Yeah so as I said I got this thing Nsight
Because I look Nward for the goal of freedom, serenity, courage and control
Heart times soul equals rock and roll
When we work together though it’s as layered and complex as jazz and classical
So let’s work out this problem for society’s sake our grandchildren’s lives are at stake we need each other more than we know
My divine love is infinity
Multiply that by the zero of my soul
You get a synthesis, a holy trinity
So I tap the river of my imagination
Which ebbs and flows
To live in love and fear in a spiral staircase contracting and expanding in hourglass formation
And just like how a seed grows in two different directions
As I grow mentally and physically
My spirit grows in equivalence with each new experience
But I can’t tell which are the roots and which are the branches
Which one reaches out for the sun to infinity and beyond?
Is it my waking life rat race self-consciousness always capable of mystical transcendence?
And which one roots down in search of the primordial water source?
Is it my harmonious divine soul? Of course!
Every time I go to sleep I get abducted by the beat
Of the ruckus of my knowledge mixed with the shuffle of angel’s feet
Well my mind and body affirm the restraints of biological living
But like in a lucid dream state my ineffable soul defies all limitations

I called myself Ntuition but they said the name was too feminine
So now they call me Ill-Logic
Because when describing the Ineffable words, logic and reason are always Insufficient
And the ability to Nstigate inspiration is the only thing about me not Nconsistent
Yeah they call me Ill-Logic
Because N-Tution was too feminine a name
They call me Socrates
Because I argue in vain, for the sake of arguing
But it’s all N the Name…It’s all in the name of Him
Her, whatever you call It
The Lord, Allah, the MotherShip
Whatever form it comes to speak Truth in
Call me a prophet, a mystic, a sock puppet
A tool, a vessel, a ventriloquist dummy
I’m about to join the revolution and simultaneously rock the party
Remaining forever indescribable, an indefinite bringer of good news
The shepherd you preaches the gospel
Because the flocks are never invariable with their incongruent moods
Here’s the TruthNow, do with it what you want to do

No comments: